WHAT IS IT?
• PBX® Bond Builder is a single step additive for use in all chemical services to protect, repair and maintain hair health.
WHAT IT DOES:
• Smooth gaps in cuticle fibers, restoring hair’s natural beauty during any chemical service
• Defends against damage, reduces hair breakage and repairs cortex cells for chemical service confidence.
• Two is better than one! Hair gets the perks of PBX® (moisture, strength and elasticity) along with the repairing power of our breakthrough copolymer.
WHY USE IT?
• A simple, single-step for any chemical service.
• Works in all brand formulas.
• No increase in developer or added processing time.
• PBX® Bond Builder works to protect hair during chemical services and leaves behind a conditioned shine.
Build Better Bonds with Scruples new PBX® Bond Builder!
Now more than ever, clients are wanting more extreme hair transformations in shorter
amounts of time, from platinum, icy blondes to unique creative color techniques. The more dramatic a transformation = the higher risk of damage.
To keep up with the needs of modern stylists who often perform dramatic, detailed work in the salon daily, we have fused PBX® with a copolymer creating PBX® Bond Builder, a single-step additive that builds better bonds!
For over 25 years, Scruples’ exclusive Protective Barrier Complex (PBX®) has protected hair from damage while enhancing chemical service results. Now, the perks of PBX® (maintaining moisture, strength and elasticity) have been paired with breakthrough bond building technology to form the next generation of bond builders. PBX® Bond Builder can be added to any chemical service without altering formulas or processing times in order to help repair hair’s cellular structure and prevent further damage. Get the best of both worlds with two powerful, restorative conditioning agents in one!
All chemical services take a toll on hair, weakening or breaking the bonds that hold hair strands together. Bond builders begin to repair hair from the inside out, restoring hair’s natural beauty and guarding against further harm.
Whether it’s used on a color chameleon or a one-and-done client, PBX® Bond Builder will ensure that you can defend against damage for chemical service confidence!
Lightening & Highlighting Systems
1. Mix bleach, lightener or highlighting system according to manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Add 3.5 ml (1/8 oz.) of PBX Bond Builder per application of product mixed.
3. Proceed with application and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Permanent & Demi Permanent Oxidative Haircolors
1. Mix color and developer according to manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Add 3.5 ml (1/8 oz.) of PBX Bond Builder per application and mix in with your haircolor.
3. Proceed with application of color and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
1. Mix direct dye according to manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Add 2 oz. of direct dye with 3.5 ml (1/8 oz.) of PBX Bond Builder.
3. Proceed with application of direct dye and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
1. Add 1.65 ml (1/16 oz.) of PBX Bond Builder to processing solution.
2. Process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Add 1.65 ml (1/16 oz.) to neutralizer solution.
4. Process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
1. Add 30 ml (1 oz.) of Classic Collection Complete Recovery Treatment Masque into a clean bowl.
2. Add in 3.5 ml (1/8 oz.) PBX Bond Builder.
3. Using an applicator brush, apply product to clean, slightly damp hair from roots to ends and comb through.
4. Cover hair with processing cap and place under dryer on medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Remove cap and cool down for 5 minutes.
6. Lightly rinse and style as desired.
COLOR DELETE Permanent Haircolor Remover & URBAN SHOCK Direct Dye Remover
1. Follow manufacturer’s mixing instructions for the color remover selected.
2. Add in 3.5 ml (1/8 oz.) of PBX Bond Builder.
3. Apply and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
If I already use Scruples products containing PBX, do I need to add PBX Bond Builder?
Every stylist can benefit from adding PBX Bond Builder to chemical services, even those that already include PBX. Because of the bond builder which has been added to the original PBX formula (mucopolysaccharides, protein, UV protector and silicone conditioners), not only will the product penetrate deeper into hair’s cortex, but the bonds essential to hair’s cellular makeup are offered more protection and broken bonds can begin to rebuild.
Will PBX Bond Builder require me to change my color formula?
No, proceed with manufacturer instructions.
Will PBX Bond Builder cause a longer processing time?
No, process as you normally would.
Should I avoid using certain manufacturer formulations with PBX Bond Builder?
No, PBX Bond Builder can be added to any chemical service.
Can I process with heat when using PBX Bond Builder?
Yes, you may process with heat if required according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Is PBX Bond Builder an add-on service?
It can be treated as an add-on or automatically included in any chemical service at the stylist’s discretion.
Can I add PBX Bond Builder to any color formulation and leave it on for an extended period of time?
Yes, process color according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Can I use PBX Bond Builder in a perm?
Yes, it can be added to processing and neutralizing solutions. See PBX Bond Builder directions for complete details.
Do I need to bump up my developer when using PBX Bond Builder?
No, mix according to manufacturer’s instructions.
How do I maintain my lightener consistency when using PBX Bond Builder?
Always mix your bleach and developer first for the service you will be providing. Then, add the appropriate amount of PBX Bond Builder per application. There is no need to alter formulations by bumping developer or adding additional powder. Proceed with application and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.